The Proton X90 has arrived in South Africa. Here’s all you need to know about the new 7-seater hybrid SUV.
Proton is a Malaysian brand that’s owned by the Geely Group (who also own Volvo and Lotus). Locally, there’s a three-model lineup (X50, X70 and Saga), but a fourth model has just arrived.
This is the Proton X90 and is the largest vehicle offered by the brand and also sees the debut of hybrid technology. The Proton X90 is powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged 3-cylinder petrol engine with a 48V electric motor synergy system. Outputs of 130 kW and 255 Nm are claimed, with 14 kW and 52 Nm from the electric setup.
All X90 units are two-wheel driven and feature a 7-seepd dual-clutch transmission. There’s a 60 litre fuel tank. Proton South Africa is offering its new 7-seater SUV in a four-model lineup priced from R559 900 and going to R679 900. There are six colours on offer.
X90 Trim Levels
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Electric parking brake
- LED projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights
- LED Fog lamps
- Leather steering wheel
- Cruise control
- Driving modes
- Intelligent entry with start button
- Remote engine start
- Power windows
- Fabric seats
- Auto dual zone climate control
- 12.3 inch infotainment screen with voice command, smartphone connectivity, 6 speakers, 7x USB ports
- 6 airbags, anti-lock brakes, stability control, hill hold assist, hill descent
- Front and rear parking sensors
Executive (the above content plus:)
- Automatic headlamps
- Automatic rain sensing wipers
- Power tailgate
- Leatherette trim
- Driver seat adjustment 6 way
- Tyre pressure system
- 360-degree camera
Premium (the above content plus:)
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Auto tailgate with nearby auto open
- Nappa leather steering wheel
- Auto dimming rear mirror
- Nappa leather
- Driver seat lumbar 2 way
- Front ventilated seats
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Auto park assist
- Forward collision warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane keep/lane departure
- Intelligent high beam
- Wireless device charging
Flagship (the above content plus:)
How much does the new Proton X90 cost in South Africa?
The new X90 is sold with a 5-year / unlimited kilometer warranty. It appears that a service plan is sold separately.
Original Story by www.cars.co.za